FRIDAY TIPS: 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Vendor for your Wedding
Time and time again, we hear couples saying “I have a friend that can DJ for us”, or “I have someone from my workplace that is trying to be a photographer and we have seen what she can do. We will ask her to take photos on the day”. Does this photographer have the proper lighting equipment? Will they spend hours editing your photos? What if that DJ plays the wrong song while you are walking down the aisle? Too late!
We have several reasons why we recommend hiring a professional for any event. Here are our top reasons:
1. Guarantee: With a professional vendor, you will get the guarantee of not only having the vendor show up for your wedding day, but they would also be delivering great service or products. If your friend suddenly becomes ill or is unable to attend your event due to personal reasons, what will you do? I have seen guests RSVP for a wedding, and suddenly something happens the day before or on the day and they can not make it. Most professionals have back up plans which are normally outlined on your contract. Don’t take a risk!
2. Peace of Mind: You will get the peace of mind knowing that everything will be taken care of on the day. This should give you a chance to relax and just enjoy the day. It will go by so fast, why not enjoy it. Remember why you are getting married in the first place. With the right team of vendors you can rest assured the cake will arrive on time, the right flowers will get delivered and that you will get quality service.
3. Knowledgeable: The right team will know exactly what to do should a crisis arise. If one of your vendors does not show up, a wedding planner will be able to find a replacement because of the large network they have. A professional will also have a detailed time line that will outline the step by step plan of the day. This will ensure a smooth day.
4. Friendship: Say you didn’t like the work your friends produced or the DJ played the wrong song for your first dance. Its now after the wedding and you are not sure how to approach them because you are too upset or just do not want to hurt their feelings. You do not want to make the friendship you hold with your friend seem awkward. Avoid this by hiring a certified professional.
5. Enjoy your wedding: Let your friends enjoy your wedding too. The reasons you invite someone to your wedding is to share the special day with them. Relax and enjoy the day with those that you love.