How to choose the perfect venue for your Next Event
Are you planning an event? Whether you are planning a business retreat, a conference, a 50th wedding anniversary or any event, you will need a venue to host it in. Securing a venue can be a challenging task for most of our clients. Here are a few things to consider when choosing your venue.
1. Availability- You are researching the venue and think you have found the perfect place. The first thing you need to do is to make sure that the venue is available on the date you wish to have your event. You should plan for this ahead of time, especially if the date is something you are not willing to be flexible with.
2. Capacity- Make sure the venue can accommodate the number of guests you wish to invite. You will also need to ensure along with tables, that the dance floor, DJ area, bar and any additional tables will be able to fit in the room. Ask for a sample floor plan, room size and make sure you conduct a site visit. The venue should be suitable for the type of event you wish to have.
3. Site Visit- Make sure you make an appointment to take a tour of the venue you wish to have your event. Is the venue handicap accessible? If it’s an outdoor event, do they have a backup plan in case it rains? Does it have sufficient parking? What else is provided with the rental of the venue?
4. Lighting of the room- is the venue to dull or in some cases has no windows? Do you need to bring in extra lighting? Lighting is huge, for photography purposes, décor elements and much more. Visit your venue at the time of day that your event will be held to have a better idea of what it will look like when you hold the event.
5. Sound- Does the venue have good acoustics? This is especially important if you are having entertainment. Look out for the number of outlets that the room has. You might need to bring speakers or extra equipment.
6.Parking- Make sure the venue has sufficient parking for the number of guests attending. And if they do not have parking space, what are the alternatives?
This should give you an idea of what to look for when looking for a venue for your event. Call us today to help you with your next event.
Contact us today for your event quote