Venue coordinator vs. event/wedding coordinator
How many times have we heard a bride tell us “we do not need an event coordinator, our venue provides one”? Do they really provide one?
A venue coordinator works for the venue whereas the event coordinator works for YOU and has YOUR best interest at heart. A venue coordinator has the venue’s best interest at heart! A few venues might offer these services which is fine, just get more information on what their duties will be. You need someone to take you to your cake tasting and to take you to the decorator so you can work on your wedding vision or even go pick up all your decor from your house the night before the wedding. A venue coordinator will not do this.
Both the wedding coordinator and your event coordinator are very important in ensuring your wedding day runs according to plan, but they play very different roles.
A venue coordinator will:
– create a floor plan
– create a menu, and attend the tasting
– set out décor items you brought the night before- Must check to see if they will. Some wont!
– ensure a grand entrance into the reception room
-attend a site visit to show you around the venue
-collect your first deposit, and final deposit
-staff your event accordingly
-will also make sure that your food comes out at the time you requested and provide your final bill
Wedding Coordinator will:
– Gather up all the vendors that will make your wedding run as smoothly as possible
-Ensure the vendors chosen work within your budget
-Attend visits with you to all the vendors as required
-Work on your wedding vision
-assemble a master timeline and ensure it is carried out
– reviews contracts, ensure contracts are carried out
– have contracts on hand and previous emails to back up what vendors have said they will do for you
– ensure vendors/VIPs arrive and know what to do
– direct & assist guests at the ceremony and reception
– ensure that your best man has the rings that the marriage certificate is in place
– work with you to set up your rehearsal, direct if necessary
– create a seamless wedding by being the liaison between family/cake/dj/photographer/other vendors
– line up and cue the bridal party & musicians
– attend to any needs of the bride & bridal party
– set out any personal items (guestbook, flowers, escort cards, etc.) at the reception & ceremony and then collect any personal items
-ensure all the vendors have been paid out
They are a great resource of knowledge, a sounding board for decisions, a mediator, a therapist, and a stress reducer to name a few!
A wedding planner is there to help YOU design your big day and ensure that YOUR big day is everything you dreamed and more!
For more information on our wedding planning & coordination services, CONTACT US!
Happy Planning! Contact us for more details.